Monday 9 April 2012

Shot Of The Week

Right then, lets get this ball rolling again.

My dad has been a life long fan of cycle racing since his own racing days back in his childhood, growing up in Kent. It was him and his passion that got me on a bike and probably the reason im still riding and loving it today.
With out that love for bikes and cycling I would never have become a courier. I would never have met all the amazing people I have met, seen the weird and amazing thing I have seen, had the crazy times that Iv had and all the other things that I owe to being part of the cycle courier community. And most importantly I would not have met my amazing wife (who was also a courier at the time) and had our two amazing children.

Herne Hill velodrome is situated in south london and has been there since the 1948 olympics if im not mistaken. It is an amazing track and the perfect place for beginners and professionals alike to hone their skills.
One of their annual event is the Good Friday meeting which features, amongst other things derny racing.
These are the pace bikes for the cyclists that circle the track just ahead of the rider. Im not going to give you a whole brief on it, you can search the internet for that but lets just say its pretty cool to watch!!!
The even cooler thing is that my dad is a derny rider him self and has competed on this very track amongst others.

Here is a shot from this years meet of the winning derny/cyclist in the forefront. I don't have names at this point but I will update the post soon to give the credit were credit id due.

Enjoy







visit http://www.hernehillvelodrome.com/ for more info on the track

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Criticise, Love